A Night's Prayer
by Shorty
I wished upon a star one eve
That I could be with you
And in my dreams that very night
My silent prayers came true
We met upon a sandy beach
Both looking out to sea
So very far away from home
In a place we'd rather be
Not a word was spoken
As we walked along the sand
I looked deep in to your warm eyes
As we took eachother's hands
And in this way we continued on
Until the stars faded from the sky
Slowly we released our grasp
For the night's hours had gone by
And when it came time for us to part
I fet a sudden comfortness
Locked deep within my heart
So now upon each and every night
Before I drift off to sleep
I say a prayer to the bright stars
A little wish to keep
To walk upon a lonely beach
Facing towards the sea
In a place where my heart knows
You'll be waiting there for me








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home